About PowerPC processors

Hi, I'm just wondering what kind of hardware I can buy to build a Linux machine around for example a G4-processor. I don't want to buy an ordinary Macintosh. I have always built my own computers with the things I like, but I have always based them on a Intel-processor. I thought it was time to try something else, and I read about the new powerful Motorola/IBM PowerPC processor-family. Could you please give me some tips about what processor I should buy, and what kind of things I should buy around it, for example motherboard, memory, graphics adapter... and so on, that I could play around and develop some interesting Linux-Debian stuff with.

thanks / From the Linux-lover