Woody 1,44 Floppy Images

hello

A few months ago, I installed 3.0r0 on my Pulsar/S900.
There was just 2 CD Iso Images available from ftp when I got it,
and there were many packages that where "unknown",
so not installable:
i.e. netatalk, SuperProbe, anXious...etc etc.
I had to mix in packages from 2.2r7.

However.
Installation at all went fine by using the 2 floppy images:
boot-floppy-hfs.img and root.bin.
after converting them to floppies with DiskCopy.

With 3.0r1 available now,
and since Woody now contains 7 CD isos
I thought about cleanly reinstalling it (maybe on another HD),
hoping that now all necessary packages might be included..

But none of the now 5 floppy images
(grabbed from ftp.de.debian.org, and also from ftp.nl.debian.org)
will be recognized as images by DiskCopy..

Whats wrong with these images?

greetings Jochen