Re: how to properly split up into python3-foo and foo-util package?

On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 11:56:05AM +0000, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
> > > You build two Debian packages (deb-files) out of one source tarball?
> > > Interesting to know that this is possible.
> > It's definitely possible and I would expect any good guide to mention
> > this.
>
> I really need to see the full repo to better understand whats going on here.
If you want to learn about Debian source packages that build several
binary packages you can look at any such package in the archive.

> One pyproject.toml indicates one and only "Python Distribution Package". I
> can not imagine why someone would split it up into two "Debian packages"?
This is answered in the original email. One package for the module and
another one for the executable.

> Isn't it easier (from Debian Package Maintainers view) to have one "Python
> Distribution Package" per "Debian package". So when I want two Debian
> packages I would create to Python Distro packages in my upstream repo.
No, and it makes no sense to do that.