Re: Status of Potato?

Boot-floppies 2.2.5 for i386 is up.  It is specifically to enable a
release/test cycle.  It is almost feature complete, adding
base-config, dhcp support, etc.  Missing features are better i18n; for
i386 I think we need an additional "flavor" of images for an IDE
patch.

It seems to me that sparc and powerpc ports are in pretty good shape.
m68k and alpha may take some more work.

My expectation is that we will within the week have either 2.2.5 for
other architectures, or else additional minor releases of
boot-floppies (2.2.6, ...) to help with the porting efforts.  Also,
I've empowered porters who are on boot-floppies to commit their
changes directly and to make new versions as needed for their port.

I must say, I'm a little pessimistic on how long it will take to have
2.2.5 or better for *all* ports.... I would assume at least two weeks.
Is there any way we can do a cycle for the subset of architectures
which have 2.2.5 or better boot-floppies?  If so, then maybe it would
be possible to start a cyle on Monday, 1 Feb.  I believe this would be
the best course of action.