RE: Drive mounting

Should be:

mkdir /dos
mount -t msdos /dev/hdb6 /dos

The mkdir command only has to be given once. The mount command needs
to be given everytime you log in (or you can edit the /etc/fstab file
so that the partition is automatically mounted).

The second logical partition on the second drive is hdb6. The first
logical
is hdb5. The primaries are hdb1, hdb2, hdb3 but you don't have any
primary partitions on the second drive (which is a good thing). Run
"cfdisk /dev/hdb" to see which partitions are on the second drive and
how /dev names are assigned.

By the way, I would probably do

mkdir /dos_e
mount -t msdos /dev/hdb6 /dos_e

instead. You can then mount /dos_c and /dos_d later if you want.

You might want to reconfigure System Commander, it boots Linux off
of a second drive just fine for me. (It should for you too as long as
you can access the second drive via BIOS routines.)

Just run dselect again and change your access option to point to your
/dos directory.

Sorry, I can't help with the zip drive (don't have one) or ethernet card
(I've got the same card, but haven't installed it.)

Good luck
Tony Richardson