Re: Where is klogd instructed to dump the ring buffer into syslog?

Quoting Marc Haber (Marc.Haber-usenet@gmx.de):
> On Sun, 4 Jul 1999 13:14:46 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:
> >On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, Marc Haber wrote:
> >> I am curious. Where do I find the code that does this on Debian? I
> >> grepped for klogd in /etc but did not find explicit code to do so.
> >
> >/etc/init.d/sysklogd
>
> I fail to see where there is data copied from klogd to syslog
> explicitly. Which line does it?

Er, klogd does it. That's what klogd does (man klogd).

What you've stumbled across in some other distribution
is the use of a one-shot (-o) emptying of the buffer to
an explicitly named file (-f filename) for some purpose.

Cheers,