Re: Evolution email (problem?) (IMAP, Gmail, email compacting)

On Mon, May 01, 2023 at 07:38:45AM +0100, Tixy wrote:
> On Sun, 2023-04-30 at 18:24 -0400, Default User wrote:
> > It does occur to me that Evolution may use the maildir format rather
> > than the mbox format [...]

> I thought we were talking about IMAP protocol access to Google? In
> which case Evolution isn't storing email in any format [1], it's
> accessing it on a remote server [...]

Oh, goody. I only brought mbox up as an attempt to explain how such
a kind of unser interface (mark for deletion, then bulk expunge/
compact/whatyoucallit) might have developed.

After that, users might expect that kind of interface regardless of
the actual storage backend, so many mailers offer it.

Cheers