apt-get configurator for boot-floppies?

Hey, as you may know we're removing all non-apt acquisition methods
from the boot-floppies, now that apt can handle them all better
(except perhaps for wierd proxy ftp gateways).

I'm wondering if there's going to be any sort of way that we could
ease the configurability of apt for newbies.  The [A]ccess action from
dselect triggers one current system, which is inadequate.

Here would be my critical list of features:

  * runs in console
  * allows easy selection of CDROMs as well as http, ftp, etc, walking the
    user thru multi-cd scans if necessary
  * could be run from within dselect or not

Here is my very very important list:

  * i18n and l10n
  * can autodetect debian official CDs and respond accordingly
  * doesn't select non-free automatically (?!)

Here is my "would be nice list":

  * has a list of standard debian mirrors, allows user to select that for
    http and ftp