Re: [Nbd] NBD vs iSCSI performance?

Ming Zhang schrieb:
On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 13:39 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
I was wondering if anyone ever did a performance comparison of NBD versus iSCSI?

with reasonable HW, u should not see much difference here. iscsi does
take more cpu (add some latency) because of protocol overhead, other
than that, no difference.

Hmm, if NBD has less overhead, and iSCSI takes more CPU, NBD could be a good alternative - for example, for my poor underpowered-but-overloaded ARM box :)

But since NBD doesn't handle disconnections at all, it's not really a good alternative for some more serious usage IMO.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org