Re: [Nbd] bcache on NBD block devices

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Juan Antonio Martinez <jantonio@...1345...> wrote:
Hi all

(This is my first post on this list. I'm still a novice on bcache and
proper nettiquete on this list, so apologize for my mistakes)

Scenario: several NBD LTSP Fat Clients on (a bit) obsolete hardware
kernel 3.11.0-15 on Ubuntu 13.10

/dev/sda1 as local cache device
/dev/nbd1 as remote NBD backing bcache device

- I've created and registered /dev/sda1 as cache device without problems
- To create nbd file to be exported I've typed following sequence:

# create an empty file
root# dd if=/dev/zero of=bcache_test.img bs=1M count=64
# use it as loop block device
root# losetup /dev/loop0
# make it a backing bcache device
root# make-bcache -B /dev/loop0

have you tried doing this step from the client machine instead, i.e.:

make-bache -B /dev/nbd1

after the nbd connection is up? does that work?