Debian Installer Stretch RC 4 release
May 27th, 2017
The Debian Installer team is pleased to
announce the fourth release candidate of the installer for Debian 9
Improvements in this release
- Switch default hostname from ftp.debian.org to deb.debian.org in the 92updates and 93backports generators (#860472).
- Fix speech-enabled boot menu entries for advanced options.
- Fix extraneous 32bit speech entry on multiarch images.
- Bump Linux kernel version from 4.9.0-2 to 4.9.0-3.
- IPv6 autoconfiguration: fix NTP server name handling, which would be stored as the DHCP-provided hostname (#862745).
Hardware support changes
- armel/orion5x: Use DTB for Buffalo Linkstation LiveV3 (LS-CHL).
- Re-enable u-boot images for OpenRD.
- Add support for Xunlong Orange Pi Plus / Plus 2.
- Switch to DTB for Buffalo Linkstation LiveV3 (LS-CHL).
- 75 languages are supported in this release.
- Full translation for 21 of them.
Known issues in this release
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.