Debian in Danish
We have collected a number of links to resources which may be of interest to Danish speaking Debian users in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands. There are also lists of Debian developers and translators from Denmark.
If you are new to the world of GNU/Linux it may be a good idea to join your local GNU/Linux user group and participate in their meetings and mailing lists, membership is usually free, but it may be required to pay a small fee to participate in some events.
On the Linux.dk web site you will find links to GNU/Linux user groups everywhere in Danmark, besides news and a calendar of activities.
There are two Danish newsgroups about Unix, including GNU/Linux:
- Danish group about various Unix flavours, including GNU/Linux systems. Before posting please remember to read the groups' guidelines.
- Danish group about configuration of hardware and drivers under various flavours of Unix systems, including GNU/Linux systems. Before posting please remember to read the groups' guidelines.
Debian have two official mailinglists for users who speak Danish.
The mailinglist on which users who speak Danish can seek help and advice is called debian-user-danish. You can subscribe to the list using the web or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the word "subscribe" as the subject. All mails sent to the list are archived.
If you are interested in working on the translation to Danish of Debian's documentation and programs, you can participate on the list debian-l10n-danish. You can subscribe to the list using the web or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "subscribe" as the subject. All mails sent to the list are archived.
Forums, News and Links
LinuxIN.dk has general news stories, reviews and forums related to GNU/Linux distributions and software.
The aim of Foreningen Fri Software is to collect donations which can be used to support projects developing and distributing Free Software.
On www.OpenSource.dk you can subscribe to a mailing list where Danish and Scanian events and news of interest to Open Source users are announced. On another mailing list various topics related to Open Source are discussed.
Some Debian users have written Debian-guiden, an installation and configuration guide to Debian GNU/Linux in Danish. On the same web site you can help out by improving the guide.
Skåne-Sjælland's Linux User Group have written a number of books about GNU/Linux, none of them are specific to Debian but there are useful information to be had.
Debian in Swedish and Norwegian
Danish Debian Developers
Danish Debian developers we know of (not necessarily official Debian developers):
- Rune B. Broberg, package overview
- Henning Makholm, package overview
- Peter Makholm, package overview
- Kåre Thor Olsen,
- Søren Boll Overgaard, package overview
- Kristoffer Rose, package overview
- Kenneth Schmidt, package overview
- Jens Peter Secher, package overview
- Jonas Smedegaard, package overview
- Niels Thykier, package overview
- Sune Vuorela, package overview
Danish Debian Translators
Danish Debian translators of documentation, packages and web pages who we know of:
- Joe Hansen, packages
- Ask Hjorth Larsen, packages
- Kåre Thor Olsen, web pages and packages
- Claus Hindsgaul, documentation and packages
- Flemming Mahler Larsen, web pages
- Morten Brix Pedersen, packages
Translating Debian's Web Pages
The Danish translation of Debian's web pages is coordinated by Kåre Thor Olsen, who is currently also the only active translator. It was previously coordinated by Flemming Mahler Larsen.
If you have tips or ideas to improve the translation, find a typo, think you should be added to the list of developers or translators, please contact Kåre Thor Olsen on email@example.com.