The following is a list of information on the net that may be of interest to Debian users.
- Support web sites
- Software that is DFSG compliant
- Organizations using Debian
- Other software distributions based upon Debian
- Miscellaneous GNU/Linux links
- User groups
- Other Free Operating System Projects
- The kernel behind Debian GNU/Linux.
- Debian is a complete implementation of the GNU operating system.
- The X.Org Foundation
- The X.Org Foundation provides an open source implementation of the X Window System.
- The most widely used web server in the entire world.
- Formally, the Practical Extraction and Report Language, Perl is a widely used scripting language.
- Python is a remarkably powerful dynamic programming language that is used in a wide variety of application domains.
- GNU Network Object Model Environment (GNOME)
- GNOME intends to build a complete, user-friendly desktop based entirely on free software.
- K Desktop Environment (KDE)
- KDE seeks to fulfill the need for an easy to use desktop for UNIX workstations, similar to desktop environments found on Macintosh and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- freedesktop.org is open source / open discussion software projects working on interoperability and shared technology for X Window System desktops.
- Linux.com, Linux.org
- The community behind the Linux kernel.
- Freshcode, SourceForge
- Repositories of Free Software.
- Debian Planet
- A Debian-oriented blog aggregator.
- A portal for Debian users that speak German.
- A portal for Debian users that speak Spanish.
The user groups, notably the Linux User Groups (LUGs), are a great resource for both new and experienced users. New users benefit from the free help and installation workshops. More experienced users can meet others with similar interests and join in the more technical tutorials offered.
A listing of Linux user groups can be found at http://lugslist.com/.