Debian Security Advisory
DLA-126-1 ettercap -- LTS security update
- Date Reported:
- 29 Dec 2014
- Affected Packages:
- Security database references:
- In the Debian bugtracking system: Bug 773416.
In Mitre's CVE dictionary: CVE-2014-9380, CVE-2014-9381.
- More information:
Patches a bunch of security vulnerabilities:
- CVE-2014-9380 (Buffer over-read)
- CVE-2014-9381 (Signedness error)
See: https://www.obrela.com/home/security-labs/advisories/osi-advisory-osi-1402/ Patches taken from upstream
- 6b196e011fa456499ed4650a360961a2f1323818 pull/608
- 31b937298c8067e6b0c3217c95edceb983dfc4a2 pull/609
Thanks to Nick Sampanis who is responsible for both finding and repairing these issues.
For Debian 6
Squeeze, these issues have been fixed in ettercap version 1:0.7.3-2.1+squeeze2