Debian Security Advisory
DLA-681-1 tzdata -- LTS security update
- Date Reported:
- 26 Oct 2016
- Affected Packages:
- Security database references:
- No other external database security references currently available.
- More information:
This update includes the changes in tzdata up to 2016h. Notable changes are:
- Asia/Gaza and Asia/Hebron (DST ending on 2016-10-29 at 01:00, not 2016-10-21 at 00:00).
- Europe/Istanbul switch from EET/EEST (+02/+03) to permanent +03 on 2016-09-07. While the timezone has changed, the divergence from EET/EEST will happen on 2016-10-30.
- Turkey switched from EET/EEST (+02/+03) to permanent +03, effective 2016-09-07.
- New leap second 2016-12-31 23:59:60 UTC as per IERS Bulletin C 52.
For Debian 7
Wheezy, these problems have been fixed in version 2016h-0+deb7u1.
We recommend that you upgrade your tzdata packages.
Further information about Debian LTS security advisories, how to apply these updates to your system and frequently asked questions can be found at: https://wiki.debian.org/LTS