Debian Security Advisory
DLA-1155-1 tzdata -- LTS security update
- Date Reported:
- 31 Oct 2017
- Affected Packages:
- Security database references:
- No other external database security references currently available.
- More information:
This update includes the changes in tzdata 2017b. Notable changes are:
- Northern Cyprus resumed EU rules starting 2017-10-29.
- Namibia will switch from +01 with DST to +02 all year, affecting UT offsets starting 2018-04-01.
- Sudan will switch from +03 to +02 on 2017-11-01.
- Tonga will not observe DST on 2017-11-05.
- Turks & Caicos will switch from -04 all year to -05 with US DST, affecting UT offset starting 2018-11-04.
For Debian 7
Wheezy, these problems have been fixed in version 2017c-0+deb7u1.
We recommend that you upgrade your tzdata packages.
Further information about Debian LTS security advisories, how to apply these updates to your system and frequently asked questions can be found at: https://wiki.debian.org/LTS