Debian Security Advisory
DLA-1602-1 nsis -- LTS security update
- Date Reported:
- 30 Nov 2018
- Affected Packages:
- Security database references:
- In Mitre's CVE dictionary: CVE-2015-9267, CVE-2015-9268.
- More information:
Among others, Andre Heinicke from gpg4win.org found several issues of nsis, a tool for creating quick and user friendly installers for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
The issues are fixed by:
- using SetDefaultDllDirectories() to restrict implicitly loaded and dynamically loaded modules to trusted directories
- creating temporary directories in a way that only elevated users can write into it
- not implicitly linking against Version.dll but using wrapper functions
For Debian 8
Jessie, these problems have been fixed in version 2.46-10+deb8u1.
We recommend that you upgrade your nsis packages.
Further information about Debian LTS security advisories, how to apply these updates to your system and frequently asked questions can be found at: https://wiki.debian.org/LTS