Debian Security Advisory
DLA-118-1 linux-2.6 -- LTS security update
- Date Reported:
- 21 Dec 2014
- Affected Packages:
- Security database references:
- In Mitre's CVE dictionary: CVE-2014-3185, CVE-2014-3687, CVE-2014-3688, CVE-2014-6410, CVE-2014-7841, CVE-2014-8709, CVE-2014-8884.
- More information:
Non-maintainer upload by the Squeeze LTS and Kernel Teams.
New upstream stable release 220.127.116.11, see http://lkml.org/lkml/2014/12/13/81 for more information.
The stable release 18.104.22.168 includes the following new commits compared to the previous 2.6.32-48squeeze9 package:
- USB: whiteheat: Added bounds checking for bulk command response (CVE-2014-3185)
- net: sctp: fix panic on duplicate ASCONF chunks (CVE-2014-3687)
- net: sctp: fix remote memory pressure from excessive queueing (CVE-2014-3688)
- udf: Avoid infinite loop when processing indirect ICBs (CVE-2014-6410)
- net: sctp: fix NULL pointer dereference in af->from_addr_param on malformed packet (CVE-2014-7841)
- mac80211: fix fragmentation code, particularly for encryption (CVE-2014-8709)
- ttusb-dec: buffer overflow in ioctl (CVE-2014-8884)
We recommend that you upgrade your linux-2.6 packages.
We apologize for a minor cosmetic glitch:
The following commits were already included in 2.6.32-48squeeze9 despite claims in debian/changelog they were only fixed in 2.6.32-48squeez10:
- vlan: Don't propagate flag changes on down interfaces.
- sctp: Fix double-free introduced by bad backport in 22.214.171.124
- md/raid6: Fix misapplied backport in 126.96.36.199
- block: add missing blk_queue_dead() checks
- block: Fix blk_execute_rq_nowait() dead queue handling
- proc connector: Delete spurious memset in proc_exit_connector()