Re: Liteon DVD+R/W

csj@gmx.co.uk wrote:

I just saw an advertisement for a really cheap Lite-On
DVD+R/W/CD-R/W drive.  Has anybody gotten such a drive to work?

http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/english-product.htm
http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/new_p_e/english--p-drw4412.htm

The interesting product seems to be the LDW-411S, which does all formats rather than DVD+ only. I also am curious as to function on these, I assume that they use a standard command set, there's no joy to having your own these days. Of course some vendors unintensionally implement their own via bugs, but that's another issue.

I didn't see any pricing here, although I didn't look very hard.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time