Re: Underruns on Audio CD Burns

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

> I've had mixed results using non-ide-scsi with 2.4 kernels. There has

2.4 kernels do not support DMA

> been a lot of discussion on the kernel list on this (and I'm guilty of
> starting part of it), and I've had no problems using ATAPI: with a 2.6
> kernel up to 48x but I'd rather not on 2.4.

ATAPI: never has DMA.

> BTW: the -scanbus option doesn't seem to work w/o ide-scsi using 2.4 and
> FC1. May well be  a config option, I never use the ATA or ATAPI w/o a
> 2.6 kernel.

If it does not work with the original software, then your kernel is buggy.

If it does not work with RedHat's version of cdrecord, then you have an
unfriendly application sitting on the drives that should be killed before.

Jörg

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling