Odd messages from cdrecord

I have been getting some odd warnings (see WARNING) in the attachments) about media size, and the time to start burning is sometimes several minutes. I see this on four machines, built recently, some DVD some DVD-D/L capable, some running very recent versions of cdrtools, no difference in behavior so I picked the example most convenient. Brand of DVD and burner doesn't make much difference, I buy cheap store brand DVDs, but tried a few brand name with no change. All produce clean images reliably.

See attachment for details, results are perfect, so this is only for information. Of course taking a minute or tow off the start time would be really great if there's a trick to do so.

Let me know if more information is useful.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
   - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.