Re: a brief visit to Cape Town

On 27/01/2015 23:30, Steve Langasek wrote:
Hi folks,

Sorry that the DebConf meeting today didn't result in a decision yet.  I'm
sure both you and the Montreal team will be able to provide answers to the
outstanding questions, and we will have a decision for DC16 in two weeks'
time.

Meanwhile, it happens that I'm going to be in Cape Town (Stellenbosch) for a
week, arriving this coming Saturday Jan 31 and leaving the following
Saturday.  I'm in town on business, but I will have some free time on the
Sunday.  I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of the local Debian / free
software folks in the afternoon if anyone's free - whether that's for a
beersigning, a brief visit to the proposed DC16 venue, or something else.

Cheers,

Hi Steve

Assuming you are staying in Stellenbosch, I suggest a visit to Honingklip Brewery [1] (operated by one of our Cape Linux User Group members) or Cape Brewing Company [2]. Alternatively, if you'd like to visit UCT, we can do that and then proceed to Forrester's Arms [3].

Bernelle and I are happy to pick you up where you will be staying and drive you around for the day.

Regards
Graham

[1] http://www.honingklip.co.za/
[2] http://capebrewing.co.za/