Re: Registration / logging in

Steve McIntyre dijo [Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:38:24PM +0100]:
> I'm trying to log in to the system at
>
> http://comas.linux-aktivaattori.org/debconf5/attendees/account
>
> to fill in travel details now I know what flights I'm planning
> etc. I've _just_ managed to login after trying lots and lots of
> different variations on my normal usernames and passwords. The
> password recovery mechanism could do with being much more friendly -
> having to remember both user name _and_ email address is more awkward
> than necessary. Please could this be changed so just the email address
> will do?

Ummm... the mail address is not a unique key - We could strip it to be
just the login, but it is far more probable for you to remember your
mail than your login. And, as this request changes your password to a
random one, we didn't want to allow to just anybody to start a
dictionary-like attack on logins, messing with everybody's account.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5554-9450
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23