Re: [Debconf-discuss] Mexican water

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 12:56:51AM -0400, Erinn Clark wrote:
* martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> [2006:05:05 06:22 +0200]:
also sprach Erinn Clark <erinn@double-helix.org> [2006.04.17.1756 +0200]:
> I've looked around a bit, but I can't seem to find anything on the dc6
> website or wiki pages that mention the dangers of drinking tap water in
> Mexico. I went to my doctor who gave me a prescription for Cipro

I would refrain from using Cipro of Loperamide for as long as
possible. Did your doctor tell you that you have to take Cipro for
up to four days after the symptoms are gone, seven days at least?
I have met many travellers here from the US who just threw one or
two pills, then stopped. This is a very bad idea as some bacteria
may survive and quickly develop a resistance, so that Cipro won't be
of much use in the future for you.

Instead, make sure to bring electrolyte solution and keep well
hydrated!

Yes, Doc Martin, I do know to take antibiotics for the full amount of time.

(I will be bringing tons of Pepto/Imodium, of course, and surviving on
bottled water. The Cipro is only for a real emergency in case I become
desperately ill.)

You are aware that yeast is natures most powerful water purifier, right?
In times past, people didn't spend their days drunk; they drank 2% beer
and 8% wine as their main drinks because that was the safest way to
ingest fluids.

Yeast removes heavy metals, impurities, and particulate matter by
attaching itself to particles and dropping to the bottom.   A secondary
effect is the alcohol and carbon produced by the yeast.  Carbon inhibits
various types of growth, and the alcohol kills harmful bacteria and
germs.

If anyone is worried about Mexican water, they should consider drinking
the excellent Mexican beer instead of polluting their bodies with toxic
chemicals produced by big corporations.

Ted

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Ted Walther
Address: 5690 Pioneer Ave, Burnaby, BC  V5H2X6 (Canada)
Contact: 604-430-4973