Re: [Debconf-discuss] Tennis courts

So,

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 05:47:20PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> 3. If there are enough people answering in the affirmative to 2., and
>    the price for a court is not too high (or we get the courts for
>    free), how would people feel about a little tournament?

I get the feeling that most people don't like that part of my suggestion
(and it might be a little late to organize that now, at any rate). The
wiki (and this thread) does show about 8-10 people who are interested,
though.

So rather than trying to organize a tournament, I'm going to call Connie
later today and reserve a court and two rackets[1] for, say, two hours
on thursday thursday afternoon, from 16:00 through 18:00. This is during
talks, but the idea would be to play some doubles with whoever shows up,
and people can join and leave whenever they want (as long as at least
two people are playing)

Does that work?

[1] I brought my racket as did xnox; so if we rent two more, that gets
    us four and we should be fine.

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,