Re: October 16 Debconf6 meeting

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 07:44:02PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 07:45:22AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> >
> >Given the various schedules for all of us and the various places which
> >we fly off from, I'm not sure that a packed transatlantic flight would
> >be convenient to organize.
> >
> >However, getting some air company being "official partner for Debian
> >conference" (and of course set up some privileged fares for conference
> >attendees) could be tried.
> >
> >I think that the "national" company, Aeromexico, could maybe be
> >interested in it as I suppose that other "big" companies such as
> >Lufthansa, British Airways, Air France wouldn't pay much attention to
> >our "small" thingie.
>
> I contacted a few airlines before DC4 to see if we could organise
> something similar for the Brazil trip, but no joy then...

<uk info>
Flights from the UK seem only to run to Mexico City (assuming the
location is Oaxtepec).

They're offered by (in order or approx. price):
KLM
British Airways
Lufthansa
Air France
American Airlines

I'll probably be using a load of air miles to pop over, so I'll be happy
to call around most of these if I get an idea of numbers.
</uk info>

However, we really need to get an idea of dates before flights can be
booked, as it's approching the optimum time to book them.

I'll defer to .mx people for this, because I'm not sure on the political
situation.

Neil
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3