Re: [Debconf-team] Session chairs proposal: more concrete plan

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 07:49:12AM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:

> So, well, the "spanish" schedule we had last year was actually very
> well suited for the average Debconfer. Of course, last year was easy
> because meals were also scheduled at Spanish hours, which might not be
> technically possible in NYC.

I think we could find caterers to cater late, and can use the
cafeteria that late.  Using the "Spanish Schedule" is certainly
something we can consider.

Running talks later is a bit more difficult:  One room ("Interschool
Lab") is on a floor devoted to researchers, and we probably can't have
talks there after 17:30 or 18:00.  Several more rooms are on the
ground floor and we can use later if we pay for security.  We can find
other rooms around that we can use late.  (It all goes down to the
fact that we are sharing space: There is lots of it, but lots of
groups are around.)

I'll make investigating lengthening the day a priority in upcoming
planning-- and I don't expect it to be impossible.

- Richard