Re: [Debconf-team] casting a wider net for the talks team

On May 4, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

On 05/04/2010 12:44 PM, Ana Guerrero wrote:
I can help with this. I was in the talks team 2 years ago, and I guess it is
same rating system?

great, thanks!  welcome to the talks team.  i have never done this
before, but i assume it's the same rating system used in previous years.

Richard just posted info about the process here:

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Pentabarf

but i haven't had time to read it yet.

Would you mind adding yourself to the talks team list?

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Teams

Thanks again for volunteering!

Just a small, but perhaps useful clarification. None of us on the local talks team have worked with Penta or reviewed talks proposals for Debconf before, but many of us have done the same thing for many other conferences. So largely, for us that have done that, I think its a matter of translating the process to familiar terms.

.hc

"A cellphone to me is just an opportunity to be irritated wherever you are." - Linus Torvalds