Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf anti-harassment policy

Hi,

So, people have spoken and the response is good.  I have done some
wiki work to try to move us towards something we can agree on.

  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/StandardsOfRespect

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 05:19:54AM -0500, Richard Darst wrote:

> What are your thoughts on adopting some sort of thing?  I think it's a
> good idea, and we can leave the adaptation and posting to some team
> who takes it on and reports back to us.

The primary questions seems to be "long and detailed" or "short and
general".  We have a lot of people pro-short version, but also people
suggesting longer versions (perhaps because that's what exists on the
internet).

Since right now we don't have any short versions to use to guide us,
so that was my first priority.  Here is what I created (edits
welcome):
  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/StandardsOfRespect#Short_version

It lets people know that we expect excellent behavior, and will
intervene to mediate to see that that happens.

Right now it seems the best "long version" is from OSDC, as proposed
by Holger:
  http://2010.osdc.com.au/code-conduct
  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/StandardsOfRespect#Long_version

Who things that we should have a long version?

Right now, I think we should get opinions on "short" vs "long", and
improvements to both.  Hopefully we will get an easy consensus as to
which version to focus on, and get it into a workable state.

We can add it to the website soon after that, without specifics for
this year.  Several months out, we can update with the "practical
info" and contact information for the harassment point-of-contact.

Thoughts?

- Richard