Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsorship brochure for DebConf11 - help?

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Vedran Omeragic
<vedran@vedranomeragic.com> wrote:
> All amounts are in euros, and are only suggestions! Need to be discussed and
> agreed upon first.
> Bronze (1k) Silver (5k) Gold (10k) Platinum (15k - 20k)

Converting to USD to make the comparisons easier, Bronze(~$1.3k),
Silver(~$6.5k, Gold(~$13k) and Platinum(~$18.5k) are significantly
less than DC10's $2k, $10k, and $20k. Is this by design? (remembering
there is a steel level for those that can't afford the bronze
threshold.)

If not I'd propose the following Euro thresholds, would be similar to
DC10 levels:
1.5k bronze
7.5k silver
15k gold
20-25k platinum

Please understand I am not wedded to the DC10 thresholds, I just would
want to understand if we are changing, the reasons.

Looking at it from a sponsor's point of view, raising the donation
threshold would raise questions, where lowering it really won't, but
might raise questions later if we decide we need to raise them again.
I also think that repeat sponsors are prepared to sponsor to the same
"level" and will just pay what that price is. So if a bronze sponsor
from 2010 paid $2k, charging any less would leave money on the table.
Basically I think consistency and predictability to sponsors is a good
thing. Obviously the fact that we change currencies for the thresholds
doesn't help, but trying our best to do so is all that really can be
expected.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
-Brian