Re: [Debconf-team] Budget tradeoffs vs amount of fundraising

Philipp Hug dijo [Fri, Nov 02, 2012 at 10:49:02PM +0100]:
> > I specifically think that in the case of Le Camp (or a similarly located
> > holiday area) we just can do a daytrip without spending any money on it:
> > Simply start walking together or jumping into the lake nearby should
> > make a nice daytrip without any extra cost.  So yes, please put the
> > daytrip on the last budget position (even past travel sponsorship).
>
> The number I put in for the daytrip is already low. It is CHF20 per
> attendee. Which is around 5CHF more than what we pay for lunch. And I
> already included this in the budget calculation for food. (-1 day)
> So, there's not so much to save there.

...And also: In the past we have managed to have a nice daytrip with
zero cost to DebConf (each person paid their own train ticket in DC7;
each person paid their transport to the beach in DC10). In other
DebConfs we have received the daytrip as an in-species sponsorship
from the local govt (IIRC we didn't pay for it in DC9, DC11 nor
DC12). Yes, food is budgeted as we have to pay for it, but IIRC it's
in the range of an in-venue meal. And being the daytrip an important
socialization/integration activity, I do consider it an integral part
of DebConf.

I would only leave it out if we do shorten to one week, of course, as
it would become a much bigger hit on our productive time.