Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf13 decision meeting: past and present

På Fri, 23 Nov 2012 18:20:35 +0100, skrev Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org>:

Le Camp is also isolated and "at" a forest: you can be literally "alone in the
woods" (and safe) within 5 minutes walk. That was not possible in
DebConf1{1,2} as far as I'm concerned.

And people won't be "surrounded by people 24/7", that's again a biased way to
put it.

If the only way you have to be 5min alone is going alone in the forest, I have
not words...

Minor nitpick: I read that as you can be alone as long as you like (more than 5 minutes) if you are willing to _walk_ five minutes away from Le Camp.

I'd guess that doesn't change much, though; you're still not impressed or satisfied by the answer.  Nor am I.  But maybe for different reasons.  I'd want privacy for the sake of focusing.  I would not just be alone to _meditate_, I might want to get some work done (I sense Ana would like that, too).  You know, on the computer, being online.

Working on a computer outdoors, in daylight (or darkness), on battery and off-line may not do as a refuge.  But maybe that could be worked around, if more than one person wanted a quiet spot, with power and IP.  Depends on what kind of privacy they want.

* Silence and no-one reading over your shoulder?
* Sheltered solitude (being let alone, but not left alone in the wilderness)?
* Seclusion (being free to fart or pick your nose without anyone knowing it)?

--
Herman Robak