Re: [Debconf-team] Call for volunteers to join DebConf Committee

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 04:15:40PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 12:11:59PM +0200, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> > I'll be happy to help... Although take into consideration I might not be
> > able to attend Debconf 2014 (depends on location).
>
> I would join as well but having a similar problem like Lior I'm afraid I
> might be biased and thus I hesitate to join for the 2014 bid.  You might
> put me on a waiting list for 2015.

Similarly, I'm not sure enough both that I'd be unbiased and that everyone
would believe it if my home country's bid gets picked, so I won't serve on the
DC14 selection committee. No need for bad feelings or worse. We probably
shouldn't have bid-country members on any year's selection committee, speaking
generally, unless they're meant to represent the bid or deciding between two
same-country bids.

I'd be interested in helping with a future year's selection - I hope to resume
DebConf work in a later cycle, but don't have time right now.

Best wishes to both DC14 bids - if I can be available during the dates chosen,
I'll attend either location, and I want the conference to succeed.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org