Re: [Debconf-team] Getting the network running

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Kees Cook <kees@debian.org> wrote:
Thanks! These are great details. Since the Video Team has a GigE
requirement, we'll have to run physically separate cable for them. The
"common" network in the walls is all 100Mb.

Even if a venue has gig in the walls, I have given up on it being reliable.  It is too easy for it to have problems during a talk, and that drops the quality of the video and causes the video team to freak out.  solution to make sure that never happens: run a few 100' of cable.