Re: [Debconf-team] Budget woes

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 08:33:30PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

>  - Water bottles.  Sturdy, reusable aluminum water bottles - branded with
>    the Debian logo, of course! - would be a nice perk to send people home
>    with, that would be useful during the conference too.  (And they would
>    definitely come in handy for people on the day trip.) They are also
>    something that we could order extra of - I'm *sure* that people would be
>    interested in buying extras.

It shouldn't be a secret that I'm in favor of this. For the last few
DebConfs, we've had some sort of "drinking vessel" even if it was a
necessity due to the conference logistics.

I've quoted out a few different kind of bottles (some just for water, some
that are hot/cold, so can also be used for coffee), and am confident that we
can get nice-branded drinking vessels for ~$5 each, plus some cost due to
expedited shipping (not gonna break the bank).  Here's the deal...

WE NEED TO DECIDE NOW. The bottles need to be ordered *Monday* to make sure
they're produced, shipped and signed for before the start of the conference
in a week.

If we don't have consensus/approval/support by 8am PDT Monday morning, the
default is that we're not getting bottles, because we won't be able to.

Cheers!
Patty

- As Steve said, they would be branded with the Debian logo, not DC14.

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski