Re: [Debconf-team] RFC: (Hopefully) Last draft of the dc15 sponsorship brochure

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 2:29 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
So those morning plenary sessions help to bring people together.
Consequently, the speakers of the first sessions don't have to fear
being alone. At LCA, these sessions happen at 9:00, and because of
the raffle and the inherent sadness of (the slim probability of)
being chosen while still in bed (which means that there's another
draw), almost all attendees scrape themselves off the mattress and
attend.

We are not proposing to have these plenary sessions at 09:00. Later
would work. But if we stage a raffle as an incentive for people to
attend these sessions — which are a benefit to the organisers — then
we need to require that prize winners must be present.

+1 for the conference overall - wake up, get there, morning announcements, get the day started.   I suspect the same people will turn up even if there isn't a raffle.  but raffles are fun,.

+1 to help get more people up and moving for the first talks.

+1 for a well defined start of day for the video team.  (details are in my report)