Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-sponsors-team] DebConf15 sponsorship kick-off IRC meeting Monday, September 14, 18:30 UTC, #debconf15-germany

Hi Martin

martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> writes:

> also sprach Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2014-09-12 16:33 +0200]:
>> It's "easier" and also disenfranchises people who didn't show up
>> on your short list.
>
> It's hard to find a time that works for all the people that have
> been previously involved and are working on DC15.
>
> You know just as well as I do that it's absurd to try to find
> a meeting time that suits everyone who could possibly ever be
> interested and who might feel "disenfranchised" for not being
> considered up front when noone could have possibly ever suspected
> that they'd be interested.

I never wanted to ask you to delay the meeting to a time where everyone
interested can attend. Send a link to a poll for a date to the relevant
mailing list(s), set a deadline, after the deadline choose a timeslot. This
timeslot does not have to be the slot with the most votes. I very well
support weighting the votes with the preceived importance of the voter.

With this you can parallelize the process (with the poll), make it
transparent and still find a timeslot where most of the team members
that are important because of their experience and previous work can
attend.

> We are trying to coordinate a meeting a short notice and we are
> reaching out to everyone we think *needs* to attend, in good faith
> and with best effort.
>
> Please stop being so negative.

Sorry if my comments are preceived as negative. That's definitely not my
intention. I very much appreciate your efforts and I know from personal
experience how hard finding an appropriate time for IRC meetings is :-(.

> The meeting will be open to all, obviously, and the more people we
> can get to actively work on sponsorship, the merrier. But so far,
> I don't know of anyone who'll actively work on sponsorship who
> we haven't reached out to. And if there exists such a person, then
> it's an unfortunate oversight and I hope we can be adults about it.

I don't think this needs any discussion.

Gaudenz