Re: [Debconf-team] DC15 wrap-up blog post

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Tassia Camoes Araujo <tassia@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:23:46PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
>>
>> We've started a draft for the wrap-up blog post to be published this
>> weekend at https://titanpad.com/dc15-wrapup-blogpost. If you have
>> a minute, please help make it awesome.
>>
> I'm sorry I can't help with the wording right now, but I think it is not enough
> cheerful. For instance I would remove the word "trouble" and focus on the fact
> that we had a wonderful time together. Maybe add some highlights? Some
> exclamation marks might also help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tassia.

Thanks Martin! First pass, please feel free to reject my "patch" in part
or in whole. (I didn't want to overwrite the titanpad, so you can go
through and pick and choose which bits you want to take. (Some of my
sentences may not quite be proper written English, as it's late here.)

---
DebConf15: farewell, and thanks for all the Fisch

We've just successfully concluded [1] our biggest and best conference ever!

We are overwhelmed by the positive feedback, for which we're very
grateful. We want to thank you all for participating in the talks.
Speakers and audience alike, in person or live over the global
Internet, we couldn't have done it without you!

Most of our talks have been recorded and are now available for
viewing, [2] as are the slides and photos. [3]

To share a sense of the scale of what we have all accomplished
together, we've compiled <a
href="https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/Statistics";>a few
statistics</a>:

- 555 people from 52 countries (including 28 kids)

- 216 scheduled events (183 talks and workshops), of which 119 were
streamed and recorded

- 62 sponsors and partners

- 169 people sponsored for food & accommodation

- 79 professional and 35 corporate registrations

<thanks to venue and staff here>

We especially want to thank all of our generous sponsors, especially
our platinum sponsor, HP.

Cheers,
The (exhausted) DebConf Organizers

[1] - <Put dates of conference here>.