Re: [Debconf-team] Patch to DebConf orgateam structure

Hi Bernelle,

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 11:19:17AM +0200, Bernelle Verster wrote:

> There was talk about merging the dc-team and dc16-team mailing lists,
> but I think now that we should keep the dc16 list for the per-task
> discussions, and as the 'global' component take special care to keep
> that list neutral and fun, and direct the flamewar-ey discussions to
> the dc-team list. I can volunteer to moderate that.

As stated by Allison and Eric earlier in this thread, global people are
also vulnerable to flamewars and we have already lost many people because
of that. I'd rather focus our energies on improving communication and
collaboration in the whole team, cause we all need a healthy environment
to work. For instance, would we benefit from a code of conduct for the team?

But I agree that there can be different levels of involvement, and we do not
need to require that all volunteers register to dc-team (as Marga said, it
can be traumatic - even though I hope we can change it soon). So I would
advocate for those separate channels for volunteers/newbies in dc-orga,
regardless of them being local to South Africa or not.

Cheers,

Tassia.