Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trips

Hi Sven

I'm wondering: Which of those options would be suitable for me? The constraints: Can walk a few hundred meters on crutches, boarding a ship or climbing a couple of stairs is not a problem, but for longer distances, a wheelchair is needed. Standing for more than ~30 min is a serious problem.

1) Robben Island: wouldn't work, it is mostly a walking tour.

2) Table Mountain - they do cater for "disabled" people.
I think they do allow you to sit in the Cable Car, if you request it.
It is about a 10min (ascent and descent), to the Top and back again.
On the mountain they have various look- out points, with Picnic Tables and Chairs. They have wooden walk ways.You could walk a little and sit a little.

Seal Island: is a Boat Tour with seating and a bar on the boat.

3) Cape Point, they have a Funicular that takes you to the top of the Mountain, where the Lighthouse is. There are about 15 stone steps or so, to get to the lighthouse.

Boulders: there are walk ways to the beach, (about a 2-5 min walk). On the Beach there are cement seats that you could sit on.
or The boulders (rocks) that the beach is know for.

4) Kirstenbosh there are seats all around the Gardens, it is best viewed on foot, but you could walk a little, sit a little etc.

5) Spice Route: it would require walking to the various Tasting rooms, however all the Tasting rooms are rather close together. Therefore you wouldn't walk long distances.
We have the Bus for the day, if people want to go to Fairview, then I am sure the bus could drive there.

6) Aquilla: is a Bus drive to the Game Farm.
Lunch in the Restaurant.
A Game Safari Drive. You sit in the in 4X4 for the duration of the Game viewing.
This would require walking to the Restaurant, to the 4x4 and back to the Bus again.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Tammy