Re: [Debconf-video] Meeting today / software stuff

Hi,

On Dienstag, 6. Juli 2010, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> I'm not sure I'll be able to attend our meeting today.

Me neither :/

> So, I ask you to
> address the possibility of using the Testing suite for our software
> structure in DC10. The reason is that backporting things from experimental
> to stable has been a painful task with no success so far.

I've been thinking about this and hope I have a sensible proposal how to
implement this: we use snapshot.debian.org. That is, we install lenny,
then run our customisation script from within d-i, after the installation.
There the lenny sources.list entries are replaced with ones like the following
and fai does it task as usual.

deb http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20090612T214502Z/ squeeze main
deb-src http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20090612T214502Z/ squeeze main

I suggest to choose 4th of July as the date, or maybe 15th of July.
But thats a minor detail :) We just need to agree on something.

How does that sound?

(We need to install lenny and then upgrade to that squeeze snapshot, as
installing with squeeze and then downgrading is not really supported.)

As an compensation for probably not attending the meeting I hereby volunteer
to implement this and provide working usb stick images until Sunday
afternoon. I'll also do this (if this is the agreed plan) shall I attend ;-)

cheers,
	Holger