Re: [Debconf-video] Moving debconf-video svn repository to git: cleaning up ?

Hello,

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote :
>         On Dienstag, 30. Juli 2013, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
>         > I've pushed Stefano's repositories to debconf-video in alioth, I think
>         > everything is done now.

I committed some modification to the config.git repository, so FAI uses
the GIT repository.

I have a question:
FAI does a "git clone" of the full repository (and it's full history),
that's more than 50Mb to be download, instead of just 1Mb for the FAI
files. (FAI don't seem to support git shallow clones; i.e "git clone
--depth=1").
Most of the space is wasted^Wused by the kernel and initrd files...
the repo would weight 1.5MB otherwise.

What do you think of rewriting the full config.git repository history to
drop all the doc/src/vmlinuz and doc/src/initrd.gz ?

Note: the firmware*.iso file aren't included in the repository, so a
clone of the repository isn't sufficient to create a key anymore anyway.

For the curious:
  git clone ~/debian/debconf-video/config /tmp/config-small
  cd /tmp/config-small
  git filter-branch --tree-filter 'rm -f doc/src/vmlinuz doc/src/initrd.gz' HEAD

  ## to recover space:
  git remote rm origin
  rm -rf .git/refs/original/
  git reflog expire --expire=now --all