Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 15 Legal Entity

Hi all,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014, at 9:54, martin f krafft wrote:
> I don't know why this is becoming such an issue. We should pick
> whatever makes most sense for us. There is no requirement to be "in
> line with anything". If the tax authorities require a change,
> they'll tell us and we change it. This won't prevent any tax status.
> And we don't have any benefit from aligning us with fiscal quarters,
> do we?

Didn't mean to raise a hot issue here. In my experience there's value to
live by the same cycles as the people you want money from. :)
But sure, not a huge deal.

> There is also no reason to "push the end of the RGJ away from DC15".

I just want the first financial Abschluss to be dealed with well in
advance of the pre-DebConf heating up phase. But lacking the experience,
not sure how long that will be in practise.

> While there's a certain charm of forcing us to do that by
> 2015-12-31, I also know that my Nov/Dec usually don't have me
> idling.
ACK.

Cheers,
  Philipp