Re: Design points from designer friends - for discussion at IRC meeting tonight.

On 03/04/2015 07:17 AM, Bernelle Verster wrote:

As I told Martin, at this early stage I want to push to see how far I
can get, as poor design really irritates me, and good design takes time,
not necessarily money. If we are going for the 'turd polishing', I can
live with that, if I know I tried my best to get something better. Make
sense? I would just like to instigate some discussion to see what comes
of it. I am entirely prepared to see it shot down, ok?

Oh, I'm not discouraging you, I've been working on improving the design quality of DebConf for years. I'm mostly saying "go for it!", but suggesting to focus your effort *this year* on the DebConf 16 site. It seems more likely to me that we'll find a volunteer designer willing to start with one site designed-from-scratch, than a volunteer willing to update a pile of sites.

If we don't completely burn the designer out, then sure, they might stick around and work on other things. They'd be a familiar face around DebConf by then, which would make it much easier for them to work more broad changes through the system.

Allison