Re: install problem on Atari Falcon

Michael Schmitz <SCHMITZ@LCBVAX.CCHEM.BERKELEY.EDU> writes:

> Hi,

> My guess is that dinstall doesn't reread the partition table after
> the 'partition disk' step. Simple test: restart dinstall (as per one
> of the install menu options).

Maybe it doesn't even send the ioctl to the kernel to reread the
partition tables and thus the kernel itself doesn't know about them.

Does it print out some messages (identical to the once from booting,
i.e. SDA: SDA1, SDA2,...) about what partitions it found on the device
after altering the partition tables? What happens if you reboot after
setting the partitions and then install again?

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn