Re: X display; xdm; wmaker; windowmaker; twm

Simon Richter wrote:
> > Bash does not recognize ~# startx. Suggestions?
>
> RTFM, esp. xdm(8).

Oh, it's that easy? I would suggest 'please post the full text of the
error message along with the output of dpkg -l' before I venture any guess
to the
reason of that error (i.e. what does 'does not recognize' mean, and are
all
required packages really installed?).

And I didn't know there was some conflict or other interaction between
startx and xdm. startx uses xinit to launch the X server, so the xinit man
page
might be more appropriate..

	Michael