Re: Init and boot problem.

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 10:41:00AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> I just saw a mail by Christian on this topic arrive so I'll leave it to
> him to explain the gory details. Maybe you can still boot into single user
> mode, but I'd not count on that.
I guess, it must be possible to boot with init=/bin/bash option (as bash is
not in util-linux and wasn't replaced) and put getty back by hands (and mkswap
also?). I would do something like
  dpkg --force-depends --purge util-linux
  dpkg -i util-linux-<old-slink-version>.deb

to get a clean install. Hope it'll work!

  --- Alexander