Re: Y2K.

Moin,
On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 01:59:59PM +0100, Andreas Meyer wrote:

> ok, I understood! This stuff is very new for me. Of course one doesn´t
> have to be root for login in a machine.
>
> I was just wondering how it would work if I would set up one of my Amigas
> for you so you could do the work that has to be done for the m68k-group.
> The thing is in Germany a private person cannot be online all day.
Apply for maintainership and start building packages. Esp contrib and
non-free could need some more help, since the buildd will never take any of
these. I gave up on quite a few of them and was too lazy to file too many
bugs, so if you desperately want a package from those, not on the offical
CD, directories, try to build whats not there yet.
Otherwise, I think we could send you a list with (main) packages that have
some problems to build on m68k. Download the source and fix it at home. Send
the patch to the maintainer (or to us alternatively for a fast NMU) é
voila, another package for m68k. No need to be online permanently to fix
packages, my Amiga is not on the net. Auto-building works quite ok at the
moment (unless everybody uploads a new version to go in before the
freeze), its only a matter of time. Finding bugs, reporting bugs and fixing
bugs is what takes most of the time...

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz