apt-get question

Hey guys,

I've got a question about apt-get. I'm attempting to install postgresql and
associated packages by using "apt-get install postgresql" There are about 4
packages all together and none of them will install. The error I get is
something about it can't configure itself, so it won't install, leaving
unconfigured. Then it says something about "try (--configure)" but apt-get
doesn't recognize that --configure. What is it talking about when it says
(--configure)?

Thanks for any help!

Russell

  _its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
  _it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"