Re: Unable to read partition tabl

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 09:20:36AM -0500, Mark Gillingham wrote:
> Fresh install: Q605, potato.
>
> Error:
> "Unable to read partition table.
> VFS: Cannot open root device 00:00
> Kernal panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 00:00"
I would guess you forgot to add the root=/dev/xxx option in Penguin (replace
xxx with the correct partition name, ram in the initial install, hda1, sda1,
whatever, later on).

> I do not know enough about the this error message to make good
> sense of it.  I repartitioned my drive in case that might matter.
> Where should I look now?
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato/

Christian
--
First they ignore you. Then they laugh about you. Then they fight you.
And then you win. [Mahatma Gandhi]      http://people.debian.org/~cts/